Up to 85 percent of small and mid-sized businesses prefer equipment leasing and enjoy benefits that extend beyond conserving cash.
Some Secrets Your Banker May Not Tell You:
1. Buying with your bank line will use up your credit line. Your banker has a limited credit amount they can extend to you and in most cases; it is not their decision anymore. It is now a corporate decision. If you want to be sure to have cash available quickly when you need it, then do not tie up credit lines.
2. Your local banker is limited on programs they can offer you. That is why it is advised that you plan ahead and establish independent, non-bank alternative financing sources, such as Computer & Equipment Financing for your equipment & software financing needs.
3. Compensating balances makes your banker’s day and increase interest cost. Many businesses are lured by seemingly unbeatable rates to bank lines, but if includes a minimum or compensating balances; then it may not be as good as it seems. In some cases it will double the introductory rate.
4. Banks will often FLOAT their rates. With bank rates at the lowest on record, they only have one place to go, UP. Lease financing rates are guaranteed fixed for the term of the agreement.
5. Most banks require that credit lines be brought to a zero balance once every 12 months. Also, they reserve the option to “call the line” (pay-off the note) should your industry or the economy start to have a downward trend. Your note can also be called if your own business prospects start to go south for any reason.
6. Banks like “BLANKET LIEN” on all of your assets. Your banker is now your partner, because you have to get their permission on any future borrowing. We simply file a UCC on just the leased asset only. Nothing else is encumbered. None of your financial assets or flexibility will be compromised.
7. Fees are what we live on. Bank fees, closing costs and “penalties” typically run 1%-4% of the transaction amount and many of these fees re-occur annually. These fees can have a significant effect on the real interest rate you are paying. We simply have a one-time documentation fee of $250.00 or less and no fee for repeat customers.
Computer and Equipment Financing specializes in developing customized and highly competitive lease and equipment finance agreements that meet your specific business and technological requirements.
We offer lease programs and equipment finance agreements that are extremely flexible, allowing your company to expense lease payments over the life of the lease for technology financing, computer financing and software financing.
Additionally, we provide for simple and cost-effective upgrades and additions to the leased equipment, making it easy for your firm to keep technology current. Including all hardware and software.
We specialize in the following areas: